HYBRID BAMBOO SPB
HYBRID BAMBOO SPB
We are proud to bring the next evolution of hybrid flooring to the Australian market – Stone Polymer Bamboo (SPB) So what makes this product different?
Whereas traditional hybrid floors feature a printed film decorative layer, SPB features a true bamboo veneer to authentically capture the look and feel of natural without the limitations and at a budget friendly price.
SPB incorporates a real bamboo veneer decorative layer, no two planks are the same – meaning there is no pattern repeat as there is with decorative print films. Each floor then is thoroughly unique in its aesthetic appearance and brings the essence of nature into your home or office.
A total of nine layers of polyurethane ceramic matt UV coating are applied to the surface to seal and protect it against moisture
Our unique engineered tri-layer limestone polymer core provides greater dimensional stability compared to mono-layer alternatives or natural timber and the hardness of the core significantly improves the indent resistance of the surface.
The composition of the limestone core means that the cutting/sanding dust provided contains less than the GHS threshold (GHS hazard categories represent the known hazards of the chemical) of 0.1% by weight, which is required by Safe Work Australia. This means the product is not of concern with regards to respirable crystalline silica.
SPB incorporates a 1.5mm natural cork backing layer rather than the more popular foam type options. There are six good reasons for using cork backing;
1. Cork is made up of Suberin which is a waterproof, waxy substance that is present in the cell walls and this is the major reason for the high resistance to degradation and the low permeability of this natural material. There are plenty of alarmist theories on the web about cork floors soaking up water like a sponge. The reality is that cork actually ranks alongside some of the more water-resistant wood flooring options out there.
2. The natural resistance of cork to crushing helps eliminate permanent dents or deformities caused by heavy objects resting on the floor.
3. The inclusion of a cork significantly reduces the sound of footstep noise both within the room and in the space below, in the case of 2nd floor and above installations.
4. Cork can make floors feel much warmer because of its natural thermal insulating qualities.
5. The natural texture of cork improves the mechanical friction between it and the subfloor surface which supports dimensional and joint stability in floating floor applications.
6. Cork allows for two methods of installation, either floating or direct-stick.
All these features of SPB work together to bring you an affordable, real bamboo alternative that has high water resistance and stability, comfort and quietness underfoot as well as being easy to maintain.
Bamboo continues to be trendy floor covering that can raise the elegance of a space almost instantly. It has an appearance and a feel that is similar to hardwood and yet is still unique and distinctive. Golden Elite SPB captures these attributes in five, authentic bamboo veneer colours.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Over 30 years experience
- We deal direct - which means we pass the savings on to you!
- Carpets fitted by qualified tradesmen
- Huge selection of styles and colours
- Obligation free quotes available
- Top quality carpet
- Fast dependable service
Prices Starting from $26 a square metre fully installed on Foam Underlay
Prices starting from as low as $23.00 a square metre including GST
Listed are repairs we carry out on damaged carpet that needs repair
Loop Pile $26m2 Fully Installed / Twist Pile $35m2 Fully Installed